Social & Economic Initiatives in the Local Community
- Wherever possible, all products used are sourced locally to ensure that Woodall supports local business and is therefore responsible for local upliftment
- Woodall has an in-service training programme where unemployed locals with no previous experience are given the opportunity to train as hotel staff and work on a full or part-time basis
- Wherever possible all hotel staff are sourced locally and extensive training is provided
- Local artists and contractors are commissioned, and many of the unique dÃ©cor objects, pieces of furniture and items in the curio shop have been fashioned by local crafts folk.
- Woodall is an active force in the Thembulethu Trust Church Feeding Scheme, providing crÃ¨ches in the local communities of Nomathamsanqa, Langbos and Valencia with basic foodstuffs, donations of clothing and other essential items.
- Many left over amenities from the hotel as well as blankets and linen, which are regularly replaced are donated to local charities.
- In addition Woodall is also proud to sponsor âElephant Cityâ, one of the top soccer teams in Nomathamsanqa as well as co-sponsoring a cricket pitch for the local team.
- Woodall has an environmentally friendly waste management policy. Waste is separated into wet waste and recyclable waste (paper, plastic, magazines, glass, tins, cardboard).
- Wherever possible, all products used on the property are organic, biodegradable and environment-friendly, including food ingredients for the restaurants and cleaning products
- Bulk buying ensures minimal packaging of products and therefore waste products are minimized
- Many plants used in the landscaping on the property are indigenous
- Water for guest rooms is purified on site
- Wherever possible natural, local building materials are used in construction including wood and reeds
- Alien vegetation is removed on a continual basis